Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Soap and Glory Super Colour Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss Review


Soap and Glory Super Colour Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss Review

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss

Regular readers of my blog will know how much I love Soap and Glory products but unfortunately today's post features one I'm not so keen on.  The Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss came in a wonderful gift set I received for Christmas last year and being a fan of lip glosses I couldn't wait to try it... I was in for a surprise! 

The colour of the Sexy Mother Pucker Lip gloss is a gorgeous raspberry pink shade named Punch Bowl which I think is stunning.  It is a shade I would definitely wear both during the day and evening and it compliments the neutral eye make-up I always wear.  For me, it is the perfect nude pink which just added to my disappointment when using the actual product.  When initially applying the gloss I loved it but after a few seconds my lips started to tingle which made me panic as I thought I was having an allergic reaction.  The sensation didn't hurt but it felt uncomfortable and wasn't pleasant so I immediately wiped off the gloss.  Unfortunately, this didn't stop the tingling until 5-10 minutes later.  Little did I know when using the gloss this was meant to happen because it's aim is to plump your lips so the tingling is completely normal. The packaging and name however, doesn't give any indication of this hence why it came as a bit of a shock! I'm also not a fan of the thick and sticky formulation of the gloss or the overpowering sweet scent.

Needless to say, despite loving the colour of this gloss, I really dislike the tingling sensation and textire so I will definitely not be using it again!

If you fancy trying this lip gloss you can buy it from Boots for £9.00. Alternatively, I am happy to sell mine for £6.00 + postage (used once). If you're interested leave a message below.

Have you tried this lip gloss? If so, what did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I tried it. I got the lip tingle sensation plus, a few hours later, the skin on my lips started to peel off! Not to the point they were sore though. I'm presuming this is just a side effect?

    ReplyDelete